I LOVE to travel! As much as I possibly can. I want to see everything, do everything and eat everything. You can see some of my adventures in my other blogs (UK, Antarctica & Europe, Africa, Europe) and this will be my new place to post about my adventures.
My next trip is South America and I cannot wait! This is another one of my Covid-ruined trips, so this trip is 3 years overdue! We have 54 days of school holidays this summer, and I'm away for every single one of them! The plan is to hit 7 countries (Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia & Chile) and tick off most of my South American bucket list! I may have the chance to add a sneaky side trip to Paraguay for a couple of hours too.
I
am doing all the typical tourist things (Christ the Redeemer, Iguazu
Falls, Machu Picchu etc) but I am also doing some more unique
activities! For example, sleeping in a capsule stuck on the side of a
cliff that you need to zipline & rock climb up to, scenic fights and
bike riding on one of the world's most dangerous roads in Bolivia! I
spoke to one of my year 12 students about my trip and showed him the
capsules on the cliff and he completely freaked out and asked me if I
was insane. Yes, yes I am!
I'm also doing a slightly odd route, due to chasing the new moon so I can do some astrophotography. The Atacama Desert in Chile is one of the best locations on the entire planet for stargazing & astrophotography, due to its ultra dark and cloudless skies. This will be the perfect opportunity to get some incredible Milky Way photos! Maybe even a galaxy, if I'm lucky.
Here is a map of my itinerary:
I think I will end up posting a blog per country. I'm flying out of London Heathrow in a few days, with my first stop being Brazil.
Read all about my adventures here (in order of visit):
1. Beautiful Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina & Uruguay
3. Perfectly Picturesque Peru Part 1
4. Perfectly Picturesque Peru Part 2
5. The Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
